Sunday, May 25, 2014

The Aunt Project

This is what I've been up to this whole week I call it the Aunt Project. Recently my aunt's dog passed away and her other one is really sick. My brother, I would say little brother but he's taller than me, comes up with the idea that I should paint our aunt a picture. This was a great idea so I got to it. I did a thumbnail for the sketch, after that I sketched it out and inked it up, and lastly painted it. I used pastel watercolor pencils so as you can see it's kind of sketchy and needs some work plus I used one brush for the entire painting which was good but had its limitations. It was my first time using it which was frustrating at times because I had no clue what I was doing but it turned out ok. So here it is the Aunt Project. Also I bought some more brushes which were on sale Saturday and framed it for her which was good and only cost me $6.00, thank you Hobby Lobby. I just wanted to say if you have a talent don't keep it to yourself. Well that's it for now, I'm working on something for my cousin & I'll show y'all later. 

thumbnail


the sketch plus some paint



framed and wrapped


final


No comments:

Post a Comment