Sunday, June 8, 2014

What I've been working on and what's new

As you guys know I got into my school of choice and man so much has happened in this week. So I got accepted last week and meet with my "advisor" or whatever and they told me that I would not be able to get into the program, Graphic Design, & I would have to wait a whole year before I could get into the program. When she told me that I was mad because I felt it shouldn't take that long to graduate but I in my mind I told myself I gotta do what I gotta do. Anyway, she gave me the number to talk to the department head of the Art department so I can see if that's something I want to do. I told myself, I don't wanna see this guy if he's going to tell me the same thing she said but I went anyway. On Wednesday, I went back to the school and talked to this guy and he was everything I didn't expect. He reminded me of my favorite teacher at my old school full of life and energy. He gave me the rundown of everything I wanted and needed to know. So as we continued to talk he gave me some information. He said I could still get into the classes that I need in order to graduate & start my career. I was shocked, so shocked that I couldn't say anything, but I was so happy at the same time. He took me on a tour of the school, well the art department, and I realized this is where I needed to be. After the tour we went back to his office and he gave me some emails to teachers that I needed to get in touch with and I went home. I was so happy that I couldn't explain what happened to my parents but I knew I had to get in touch with these teachers. So I went home and emailed them. 
 
The next day I checked my email and they replied to me. Both saying that they are trying to start more classes and see if I could get into one but the other said he could try to get me into one of the classes if they don't start the new class. I was overjoyed when I read the news that I came to the realization now that the picture below represents my week. It shows a girl leaving a place of comfort to a place of the unknown but she knows she has to survive. Lastly, this experience taught me it's not over. It's not over until you give up, I made an effort to go see these people and talk to them and it worked out. This is just a taste of what growing up is, leaving the comfort zone and doing what you have to do in order to get what you want. Next is getting these Adobe products, which is another journey within itself and I will be posting more about it next time but until then enjoy my painting and I will see you guys later. 



No comments:

Post a Comment