Sunday, December 15, 2013

Summer Wars


Just finished watching this movie called Summer Wars & man did it have me hooked from beginning to end. The movie is about a teenage math guy who is tricked by his crush into being her date for some family gathering. This dude is a genius he can crack code as fast as anyone. Anyway, this virus, I think that's what you call it, hacked everyone's online accounts which is globally used called Oz. This Oz is something crazy it has everyone's information in it. This virus threatens to basically destroy the world unless Kenji, the math genius, can figure out how to stop it. Long story short they defeat the virus & save the world but this movie had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. It had so many plot twist and cliff hangers it is ridiculous. The visuals are crazy in this movie. I loved the different style approach to this movie, it kind of reminds you of the Digimon movie if any of you remember. Funny I should mention that because the director of the movie also directed Digimon, Mamoru Hosoda. I highly recommend this movie to anyone that loves art, movies, anime, action, comedy, the movie has the whole package if you ask me. Check out Summer Wars you won't regret it. 
As I was watching this movie it got me thinking about the society we live in today. It seems like we are too dependent on computers and technology to help us live or get through our daily lives. This seems like a recurring subject in movies today. With the internet, social media, and everything we have there is no way saying this couldn't happen. Even though Summer Wars is just a movie and just for entertainment it does raise the question; are we too reliant on technology?
The reason why I am up this late watching this is because I'm working on something & I'm liking the way it's turning out. I am almost done give me a day or so, I think I could have knocked this out in a day if I had a tablet but that's why I'm saving up my money. Always invest in your future, the greatest advice anyone ever gave me. Alright talk to you guys later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment