Thursday, December 19, 2013

Zip K: Clouded Judgment [What I've been listening to]


This was something I did with my other blog which was reviewing music, fashion, and art and I might pick it back up with this one. Anyway, this is a new mixtape by an artist named Zip Kennedy or Zip K which is on the cover and the mixtape is called Clouded Judgement Click Here to listen to it. This has been on replay for the past week now and I have to say this exceeded my expectations. I was a fan ever since his Jukeboxx days and when he was featured on F.L.Y. and Band Geakz mixtapes back in 2010 I believe. This was a great summer for mixtapes and music in general in my opinion. The two tracks that stood out to me were Show Love and Chevy Hump. Chevy Hump is and has the potential to be a club banger and I also love the part where he added that Sisqo sample he put in the hook to add flavor to the song. And Show Love has a crazy bass line and if you have good speakers, man..., they will hear you knocking coming down the street. Zip is on the "come up", this is what most people say when someone is going to have huge exposure in the music industry. Plus he made a video for the song Chevy Hump and it is already getting some play on such programs like MTV Jams. You can look at the video at the bottom of this post. Overall the mixtape, or cd, is good. Clouded Judgement is great, it has a different feel to it. He has put a collection of different songs and switches up his style so every song is unique which makes it easier for the listener because hearing the same thing over and over again will make anyone lose interest. So listen to it when you have a chance and enjoy:


No comments:

Post a Comment